Enjoy the italian feeling and prepare a mushroom risotto for the dinner.
INGREDIENTS (2 people)
Virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 cup Carnaroli/Arborio rice
1 cup white wine
1 cup shredded DŽIUGAS cheese or Parmiggiano
1 Tbsp (or so) of butter
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Lightly simmer the chicken broth in one pot together with mushrooms.
- Splash the oil into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, then toss in the onions until golden a few minutes. Add white pepper and pour with the white whine.
- Put the rice into the other pot. Pour in the mix with white wine, pepper and onions. Stir frequently as the rice quickly absorbs the liquid. Reduce your heat to low. Start adding the hot chicken stock with mushrooms in several additions, stirring frequently after each one and allowing the rice to absorb the broth. Continue to cook and stir the risotto until the rice is just tender or al dente (soft with an ever so slight bite to the center) and creamy. Add dried tomatoes and herbs and stir. This will take about 20 minutes from when you start adding the liquid.
- To finish, stir the butter at the end to make the risotto creamy.
- Finish it with the chese and if possible, have a glass of white wine 😉
Enjoy the evening.